-->

Monday, May 1, 2017

April 2017 Dividend Income



Details are below for income I received in April, but in summary, I received $81.79 from  different companies! This is not shattering, but I think its largely due to a couple of my companies paying out last month as opposed to this month. Either way, its still passive income that I am grateful for! Feels like I just made the post for March a couple of weeks ago. Oh wait, I did! I thought I would get on it this month so I wasn't late to the party. 

My current Cash holdings in my accounts are just above $7,000 which is about 15% of my portfolio at this point. I honestly haven't done enough research to determine if there are things worth buying, but as summer approaches, I suspect the market will move sideways. I hope by the Fall of this year we will see which direction the market wants to continue but as we all know, no one can predict the market!

Look for my Amazon FBA post coming soon!

My new projected annual dividends are now at $1,646.81

See my full portfolio here.



April 2017 Dividends
TickerDividends
O3.68
RA13.33
WPC24.88
CSCO12.66
DPS9.28
KO7.41
PM10.55

$81.79


Total dividends received since May of 2015: $2681.23















 


Disclaimer: I am not a licensed investment professional. I am not liable for any losses suffered by any parties. Any information on this site is my opinion only and should not be used for investments of any kind.

12 comments:

  1. Nice chart of cumulative dividends paid. Up and up. Your month was like mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much! Very similar months we had. Nice Job! Lets keep building it up!

      Delete
  2. Not shattering... but passive income in any amount is always good to receive. As long as you keep building on your base long term you'll be just fine. You hold a nice chunk of cash too? Nothing looks good these days? Many solid dividend stocks have been faltering as of late. Look at GIS, GWW, BMS, QCOM too. CAH is still low after its drop and VFC continues to look weak. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keith! Thanks for the names. I will take a look for sure. I have had my eye on VFC and QCOM for a while, so maybe its time. I do love holding cash right now though. We will see. Stay tuned. ;) Thanks as always for the support!

      Delete
  3. The best part about being a dividend growth investor is that the monthly results don't have to be earth shattering - they just have to be consistent. Looks like you got that down. I also have a bunch in cash right now, though I am working hard to get it invested.

    Keith gave some great suggestions - I own all of those except BMS.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blake, yes consistency is the key, and really the yearly results are what matter. Month to month can fluctuate but ensuring the dividends keep coming is the goal! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. Any month you receive dividends is earth shattering at least thats what i think lol. And as always its money you never have to lift a finger after your initial buy to get. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very true. It is still fun to receive money each month no matter what the overall amount is! Especially since I have been investing my time elsewhere lately, its great to know that my quality companies are continuing to pay! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Keep building the snowball, a couple of years back I was just like you. This year I should clear $7000 in dividends. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Derek! $7k is fantastic! Congrats on that. I will get there too someday. Bit by bit, like you say. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  6. April is generally a slow month, but you're killing it over here with getting paid from 7 companies.

    I can relate to having the cash but it's hard to make any buy decision when the DOW remain sky rocketed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vivianne, thanks for the support! Keith made some suggestions and at a quick glance, I am liking what I am seeing. It may just inspire me to buy something soon, but I agree that the DOW feels so ready for a pullback, but something tells me Trump is not going to let that happen, but time will tell!

      Delete