-->

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Summary of Recent Buys - Week of August 9

My summary of buys around the blogging community for the week of August 9, 2015.

This week there was a total of 37 buys of 30 different stocks from 12 different bloggers.A total of $26,242 was invested in stocks this week.

EMR was the hot stock YET again this week with 4 bloggers posting buys. KMI came in a close second place with 3 buys. KMI has been on a steady decline since April but news last week from Goldman Sachs reiterated a Buy rating and a price target of $48. KMI also has a current yield of near 6% at this price, so that also brings attention to Dividend bloggers.

This week, I have started documenting and reporting the summary slightly differently to hopefully add more detail and provide a better summary. 

Here is the summary of stocks, amount invested, and which blogger posted the buy.

Week of August 9
SectorTickerAmountBlogger
5ABT500Race2Retirement
1BBL362Race2Retirement
1BP360Race2Retirement
9CU.TO1825Roadmap2Retire
1CVX100Dividend Growth Journey
4CWB.TO2545Dividend Hustler
7DIS100Dividend Growth Journey
6EMR250Race2Retirement
6EMR1000I Want To Retire Soon
6EMR439A Frugal Family's Journey
6EMR500FabSavings
1ENB.TO342Dividend Lord
5GILD355Dividend Lord
3GMCR530Race2Retirement
5GSK437Race2Retirement
1KMI70Financial Freedom
1KMI500FabSavings
1KMI331Race2Retirement
5JNJ100Dividend Growth Journey
4MAIN300Race2Retirement
4MAIN60Dividend Lord
6MMM1468Div4Son
7NSC1527Dividend Diplomats
4O480Race2Retirement
9OKE362Race2Retirement
3PM425Race2Retirement
3PM425Race2Retirement
1RDS.B567Race2Retirement
7SHAK325Race2Retirement
4STAG2683Div4Son
8T673Race2Retirement
4TROW1518Div4Son
3UN91Dividend Lord
7UNP1395Div4Son
6UTX1487Dividend Mantra
4WPC1210Race2Retirement
1XOM600FabSavings

Sector Information:


For the Sector information, I use FinViz.com when possible as it is easy to find a consistent sector list. Here are the Sector codes I use in the chart (# is the number of each stock purchased in that sector):

ID
#Amount
1Basic Materials93232
2Conglomerates00
3Consumer Goods41471
4Financials78796
5Healthcare41392
6Industrial Goods65144
7Services43347
8Technology1673
9Utilities22187

TOTAL37








 And the Pie Chart showing the popular sectors:




Which of these stocks are you looking to buy next week? Any surprises in this list?

I cross referenced my data with A Frugal Family's Journey's page about Collection of Recent Buys. They provide a link to the individual posts as well as the amount invested. I  stuck with shares purchased this week but I may start to include the amount invested in future posts. 




Disclaimer: I am not a licensed investment professional. I am not liable for any losses suffered by any parties. Any information on this site is my opinion only and should not be used for investments of any kind.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for compiling this and sharing with teh community. Always great to see what ppl are buying these days

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could contribute R2R and thanks for your thoughts! I think the change I made to showing the amount invested instead of number of shares was originally your idea! I like it a lot better as it tends not to mislead!

      Delete
  2. Adam, excellent summary. It's astounding how much we invest as a group. It's not surprising that EMR and KMI are in the top if the list.
    Thanks for maintaining this. I know it is a lot if work.
    D4s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D4s! Agreed, it is pretty impressive and cool what we are doing as a group. You're welcome and thanks for stopping in to comment!

      Delete
  3. Like the new tweaks you've made to the weekly summary! The summary is easy to read and follow and the graphs are visually appealing. Way to continue to improve my friend. These have now become part of my weekend ritual...looking forward to the next one!!

    Also, thanks for the mention. Your friendship and support is appreciated.

    Best wishes and continued success on your personal journey! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AFFJ! Thank you my friend! I appreciate the words of encouragement. I have a few more things to tweak any improve over the coming weeks, but I am getting there.

      Take Care,
      -Adam

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Always nice to see where others are putting their money. EMR looks pretty popular and for good reason. I just added to my RY this week. The Canadian banks continue to get beaten down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seeing quite a bit of Canadian banks this week as well. They are looking quite tempting. Although with yesterday's drop, everything is starting to look better and better! Thanks for stopping in and saying hi.

      Delete