-->

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Recent Buy (MMM) : August 25, 2015





After selling all of my BAX shares last week @ $40.49, I looked around at all the different stocks that were knocking at my door looking to be purchased. Just about everything on my watchlist looks appealing after the declines from Monday. Instead of opening a new position, I wanted to add to a stock that I absolutely love, 3M.

  • Bought 5 Shares of MMM @ $140.302 
  • This purchase added $20.50 to my forward annual dividends, bringing the total to $1,161.80.

I wanted to average down my cost and when I looked at the chart for MMM, I liked what I saw. Here is the chart for MMM courtesy of StockCharts.com:


 MMM has not been this low since about a year ago when it dipped just below $130. It has a 45 year streak for paying dividends and also increased the amount significantly over the past few years. In November of 2013, it was paying $0.635 per quarter, and this year it is paying $1.025 per quarter. Thats a 60% increase over the past 2 years! I don't expect that kind of growth to continue but I do expect increases. The current 3% yield is nice in an of its own.



Disclaimer: I am not a licensed investment professional. I am not liable for any losses suffered by any parties. Any information on this site is my opinion only and should not be used for investments of any kind.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent purchase. You can't go wrong with this company.
    I will try to buy 3M again soon to average down.
    D4s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always grateful for your support D4s! Thanks for the note!

      Delete
  2. Great company. Great price. Cant go wrong buying 3M. Congrats on adding this to your portfolio.

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R2R! There are so many good options right now, it is hard to go wrong anywhere eh? Thanks for stopping in and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Nice buy Adam. We also own 3M in our family portfolio.

    You bought these shares at a nice value and yield. Keep up the good work.

    Best wishes and continued success! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AFFJ! I look forward to holding MMM for a long time to come!

      Delete