-->

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Blogroll Update

I have officially started my blogroll today and I wanted to do something unique apart from just listing a bunch of sites. I was inspired by A Frugal Family's Journey blogroll because they list the estimated annual dividends of each blogger/site.

I love reading new blog posts and feeling the excitement of all the new bloggers. At the same time, the experienced bloggers bring a refined feeling to their posts with information that is top notch. It is important to me as a fellow blogger to read the brand new blogs as well as the long running blogs. This will give the best mix of knowledge in my opinion and bring the best chance of success.

My blogroll is HERE

Please share your thoughts or recommendations for improvements. I have another idea in mind to add in the future as well.

"Share your knowledge.
It’s a way to achieve immortality.
"
- Dalai Lama

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention Adam. Unique blogroll and definitely less maintenance than the route I took. haha.

    Keep up the good work buddy. AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem AFFJ! Love your site and the stuff youre doing there. Thanks for the support!

      I hear ya on the maintenance thought. I really wanted to minimize that as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Adam,
    Good job with the blogroll. I took the lazy route and used the auto generated bloglist from blogger. One suggestion could be to present the number of companies held by each blogger, or even more granular details such as specific investments made per month.
    However, this is a lot of work, so I don't know if you'd want to do this.
    In any case, good luck with with blogroll ideas!
    D4S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Div Son.

    I really like your idea and actually was thinking something always along those lines as well. It is a lot of upkeep though so i will give that some thought. Thanks for your input!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam, that's a nice idea for blogroll.
    Thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Adam,
    Really appreciate being mentioned. I never really saw the importance of having a blogroll until today (going to start building mine). It's almost like a shortlist of preferred reading sites in one easy to find place. I'm guilty of opening 10-15 "open link in new tabs" and this will just add to that number ;)
    Thanks Again,
    -Rich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rich, thanks for stopping in and the nice comments. Thats exactly why I love my blogroll! It also helps newbies find other like minded sites. You should look into Feedly as a reader so you can read all the blogs you follow in the same location whenever there is a new update. Thats what I use and it works great! And free! :)

      Delete
    2. I looked at Feedly for Wordpress but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Going to keep trying to put together the blog roll the old school way (manually, ugh) ;)

      Delete
  6. Great Blogroll set up its very unique i follow almost all those guys and yours is definitely well put together great job and thank you.

    ReplyDelete