-->

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Summary of Recent Buys - Week of August 2

UPDATED: August 9, 2015

My summary of buys around the blogging community for the week of August 2, 2015.

This week there was a total of 33 buys of 25 different stocks from 14 different bloggers.

EMR was the hot stock this week with 4 bloggers posting buys. This was a close second in buys for last week and A Frugal Family's Journey posted a monthly summary for July and EMR was on the top of that list. The stock price has been on a steady decline since June and that dividend yield continues to increase, drawing in more investors.

Other familiar names in the dividend investing community came in tied for second with a couple buys each.

Here is the summary of stocks and how many buys this week:



EMR4
VTR2
MMM2
ETN2
CAT2
OHI2
OKE1
USB1
TGH1
HCP1
GE1
RAI1
PFE1
BBL1
AVA1
WMT1
VZ1
UTX1
TD1
IPL.TO1
DPS1
CWB.TO1
CVX1
CMP1
BAC1


Sector Information:


For the Sector information, I use FinViz.com when possible as it is easy to find a consistent sector list. Here are the Sector codes I use in the chart (# is the number of each stock purchased in that sector):


ID
#
1Basic Materials3
2Conglomerates0
3Consumer Goods2
4Financials6
5Healthcare1
6Industrial Goods7
7Services3
8Technology1
9Utilities2

TOTAL25


The hot sectors this week were Industrial Goods and Financials. Basic Materials had been the leader recently but slowed this week. Overall though it was a nice spread throughout the sectors.

 And the Pie Chart showing the popular sectors:





Here is the overall data map:



Week of August 2IPL.TOWMTETNCATCVXTDEMRVZCWB.TOMMMUTXOHIVTRDPSCMPBACBBLGEHCPOKEPFERAIUSBAVATGH
Sector6766146846674314164953497
A Christian Investor
























A Frugal Family's Journey



8



















Accumulating Assets
























American Dividend Dream
























Average Dividend Yield
























Captain Dividend
























Cash Cow Couple
























Create My Independence
























Dennis Mccain
























Div Kid
























Div4Son









15













DivGro
























DivHut
























Dividend Beginner
























Dividend Developer
























Dividend Diplomats





40

















Dividend Engineering
























Dividend for Starters
























Dividend Growth Investor
























Dividend Growth Journey
























Dividend Hawk 100
30


40

















Dividend Hustler







97















Dividend Lord





3















33
Dividend Mantra


15




















Dividend Odyssey
























Dividend Swan
























Dividend Quest
























I Want To Retire Soon








3


11









FabSavings




121011


40












FI Monkey
























FInancial Freedom


15




















Get Financially Integrated!
























Hello Suckers ...
























Live Off My Dividends
























My Dividend Growth
424





















My Dividend Pipeline
























My Money Design
























My Road to Wealth and Freedom
























Passive Income Mavericks
























Passive Income Pursuit
























Race2Retirement











5

201020101010510

Redeemed Finance
























Retire Before Dad
























retireby40.org
























Roadmap2Retire
























Tawcan










3016











WriteYourOwnReality
























Young Dividends








2














ZerotoZeros
























# of Bloggers Buying1122114112122111222222222

Which of these stocks are you looking to buy next week? Any surprises in this list?


I cross referenced my data with A Frugal Family's Journey's page about Collection of Recent Buys. They provide a link to the individual posts as well as the amount invested. I  stuck with shares purchased this week but I may start to include the amount invested in future posts. 




Disclaimer: I am not a licensed investment professional. I am not liable for any losses suffered by any parties. Any information on this site is my opinion only and should not be used for investments of any kind.

16 comments:

  1. Lots of people loading up on EMR here as they've been struggling a bit. It's actually under $50 now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CD,
      Just added to EMR myself at under $50. I can see some short term headwinds that can drive the price lower - but this is just a typical down cycle.
      Adam,
      Thanks for the list of buys. Also, you can add a list of sells as well (e.g. BAX and BXLT). Keep up the good work!
      D4s

      Delete
    2. I'm curious how many people ended up selling their shares after the transition. Of all the bloggers I've visited they seem split on holding and selling.

      Delete
    3. That's a great idea D4s! I will add that in for the next weeks data. Typically there aren't too many sells in the community but it would be interesting recently with the BAX drama unfolding.

      Captain, I am not sure the ratio of sells vs holds but if I had to guess, the sells would be in the lead based on what I read. It will be interesting to see how things play out over the next few months.

      Thank you both for your comments!

      Delete
  2. Great resource, IWTRS. Thanks for compiling this and sharing with teh community. Good to see EMR on the top of the list - really good prices for ppl to pick up shares here.

    cheers
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R2R! If you have any suggestions for improvements let me know. I am already looking at a couple things to improve eventually but suggestions are always welcome! Agreed on EMR. Great price and ex div next week. Time for me to buy!

      Delete
  3. Adam, Thanks for pulling this together again.
    I'm definitely NOT surprised to have company at EMR. But TGH and AVA too!? In the first chart TGH and AVA seem to have 2 buys, but in lower chart I can't find other buyers than myself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DL,

      Thanks for double checking my work! Indeed there was a small bug in my spreadsheet that counted the sector as a buy for the past several stocks. It has been fixed and I updated the post.

      I would be surprised to see company in TGH and AVA as well. Those are unique names you don't hear about!

      Thanks again!

      Delete
  4. I am another blogger that might be looking to average down on my EMR position. It is a great company with a great track record.

    Thanks for putting this spreadsheet together, must be tough work!

    ADD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ADD! I'm going to join the club of EMR next week if I can!

      I am just glad I can do something helpful and it's actually something I enjoy. I can relate to AFFJ because he likes to collect things and so do I. Lol. Take care! Stop back soon!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing. Always interesting to see where the money is flowing. I still haven't made an August buy but one is coming in the next week or two for sure. Gotta love EMR and that yield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DivHut. It is fun to see what people are buying summarized. I am looking to make the presentation a bit better over time, so it can be a quick reference each week... but its still in progress.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the weekly recap, and of, course the mention. I will make sure to return the favor in our monthly summaries. :)

    BTW, we had been so worried about making sure Recent Buys from others were in our collection that I noticed we hadn't added two more of our own. You'll note from our two posts this past weekend that we had bought KMI and OXY this past week too.

    Keep up the great work. Looks like the weekly updates are well received. AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AFFJ! Thanks for the future mention!

      I did notice your 2 purchases and was going to make an update to my post. Ideall I would always make the post on Sunday night to give everyone time to add their buys from the week, but my home schedule doesn't always permit that. If only I could do this as my full time job ;)

      I will make the update to my summary to be accurate though. Thanks for the heads up.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the recap, very cool and informative stuff. Always interesting to see what other DGI's are buying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tawcan. I find it really interesting as well and would collect this info even if I didnt post about it. I like to see patterns and confirm my investigations as well. Thanks for the note!

      Delete