-->

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Summary of Recent Buys - Week of July 26

My summary of buys around the blogging community for the week of July 26, 2015.

This week there was a total of 22 buys from 17 different bloggers. A relatively light week compared with last week, but some very popular names on this list, as to be expected.

CVX was the hot stock this week with 4 bloggers posting buys. In the past 3 months, this and other oil stocks, have been on a steady decline. This isn't a completely new situation so investors are probably banking on the fact that these stocks will recover.

MMM, IBM, and EMR were close behind with 3 buys. All 3 are off their recent highs which is enticing prospective buyers.

Here is the summary of stocks and how many buys this week:



CVX4
MMM3
IBM3
EMR3
BBL2
CAT2
TD2
VZ2
BP2
CM2
TJX2
KMI1
ITC1
DIS1
QCOM1
WMT1
DOW1
SE1
WEN1
PNRA1
CMI1
UNP1




Sector Information:


For the Sector information, I use FinViz.com when possible as it is easy to find a consistent sector list. Here are the Sector codes I use in the chart (# is the number of each stock purchased in that sector):



ID
#
1Basic Materials6
2Conglomerates0
3Consumer Goods0
4Financials2
5Healthcare0
6Industrial Goods4
7Services6
8Technology3
9Utilities1

TOTAL22


The hot sectors this week were Basic Materials and Financials. Same story last week as well as these sectors continue to present value. Overall though it was a nice spread throughout the sectors.

 And the Pie Chart showing the popular sectors:




Here is the overall data map:



Week of July 26MMMKMIITCDISQCOMBBLCVXWMTDOWSECATWENPNRATDCMIUNPVZIBMEMRBPCMTJX
Sector6197811711677467886147
A Christian Investor





















A Frugal Family's Journey 3











10







Accumulating Assets




83


3







7

American Dividend Dream





















Average Dividend Yield





















Captain Dividend





















Cash Cow Couple





















Create My Independence





















Dennis Mccain





















Div Kid





















Div4Son





















DivGro



38
















DivHut





















Dividend Beginner





















Dividend Developer





10













9
Dividend Diplomats







21







3



Dividend Engineering





















Dividend for Starters
19



















Dividend Growth Investor





















Dividend Growth Journey




311













Dividend Hawk





















Dividend Hustler



















15
Dividend Lord





















Dividend Mantra

30














20


Dividend Odyssey





















Dividend Swan


1

















Dividend Quest





















I Want To Retire Soon









14










FabSavings












8

9811


FI Monkey





















FInancial Freedom





















Get Financially Integrated!





















Hello Suckers ...





















Live Off My Dividends





















My Dividend Growth





















My Dividend Pipeline





3







3





My Money Design





















My Road to Wealth and Freedom





















Passive Income Mavericks





















Passive Income Pursuit 7




















Redeemed Finance










221








Retire Before Dad 10












10






retireby40.org





















Roadmap2Retire





















WriteYourOwnReality





















ZerotoZeros








16











# of Bloggers Buying3111124111211211233222

Which of these stocks are you looking to buy next week? Any surprises in this list?


I cross referenced my data with A Frugal Family's Journey's page about Collection of Recent Buys. They provide a link to the individual posts as well as the amount invested. I  stuck with shares purchased this week but I may start to include the amount invested in future posts. 


8 comments:

  1. Interesting data. I was expecting more buys but I guess the market pulled back on most of the sectors.
    Thanks for sharing!
    D4s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DivSon,

      Yah I was surprised after last weeks huge number but perhaps that is exactly why there are less this past week. Nobody has any money left! :)

      Delete
  2. Very cool weekly list - thanks for sneaking my WEN and PNRA purchase in there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Rich! I like to include em all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM, EMR, and the banks all seem like good investments right now. Perhaps I'll make your next list! No capital right now to make any purchases so I am patiently waiting.

    ADD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ADD,

      It seems as though you have some time to find more capital before the market recovers from this dip. I feel your pain though. I wish I had more to invest now... But then again I guess that is always the case. Lol. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. With you summarizing the weekly data, and us capturing the monthly data, DGI investors should have plenty to think about when deciding what to buy next. Keep up the good work Adam.

    Also, thanks for linking to our home page and Collection of Recent Buys.

    Regards, AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AFFJ! I hope I can provide something useful back to the community that has already given me so much. Take Care!

      Delete