-->

Monday, October 12, 2015

Sunshine Blogger Award



Thanks to Rich over at Redeemed Finance for the nomination! See his post here.

Here are the Sunshine Blogger Award rules:

  • Thank the person who nominated you
  • Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
  • Nominate a few other bloggers
  • Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated
  • Notify the bloggers on their blog



The questions Rich posed to me were:
1. What did you want to be when you were little?
  • I feel like I struggled with this as a child. I never had that "calling" or desire to be anything in particular. I guess when I was in about 6th grade, my cousin Fred gave me an Atari 130XE Computer with a million games. It blew my mind.  Previously I had dabbled with the Commodore 64 but never really got into it. I continued to pursue the computer field as I got into building my own PCs and reading up on the latest hardware. That is when I decided I wanted to be an Engineer when I grew up. 
 2. Do you have a hobby that generates income (besides blog)?
  • My friend and I wrote a game for iOS called Metal Sky. It is something we did for fun and actually generates a little bit of cash flow each month, even though we haven't updated it for some time now. I also enjoy portrait photography but I don't charge for that. My favorite combo is my Canon 6D and Canon 50mm 1.4. I thought of turning photography into a side business, but its too competitive and time consuming.
3. Name something that annoys you about the economy.
  • Without getting too political, what annoys me most about the economy is the government intervention in it. There are many good things the government does, but I don't believe in bail outs or spending money we don't have (we being the great USA).
4. Do you plan on working in your 50’s? 60’s? 70’s?
  • Of course not! I am 35 right now, but I would love to retire from corporate America in 5 years, at age 40. I have several side ventures that I would like to pursue but I need some passive income to help support those.
 
5. What is your #1 dream car (that you may actually buy)?

  • I am not really a car guy. Growing up, it was the Mitsubishi 3000GT. Something about that car just really interested me. These days, I am more family oriented, and I think my dream car/vehicle is a motorhome of some sort that I could travel around the country with my family in. Exciting, right!!

Who do I nominate? How about (Sorry if you have already done this recently, but hey it is an honor to be nominated multiple times right??):
  1. Div4Son
  2. Dividend Hawk
  3. A Frugal Family's Journey
I follow these 3 blogs very closely as the information they provide is outstanding!

Here are my questions to the above 3 bloggers:
  1. What have you read recently that wasn't blog related that caught your attention?
  2. What is your favorite part about blogging?
  3. What is your least favorite part about blogging?
  4. What is something unique that you own or some unique skill that you have?

Thanks for reading!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Adam. I didn't know you were in to photography. I agree/understand about your dream vehicle. My wife and I are planning a 4 to 6 month long roadtrip, right now.

    I hope you have a great week!
    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bryan! Thanks for the comment. I love photography, just not sure how to monetize it just yet. :) I love road trips! My kids are quite young so we won't be taking any for a few years. You will have to post some details when you go!

      -Adam

      Delete
  2. Thanks Adam for the nomination. I have a few nominations responses to write!
    D4s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Sorry D4s, I figured you were nominated previously but it's hard to find that info. Well hopefully the questions are a bit different!

      -Adam

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing Adam. Wish there were more questions so we could get to know you a bit more :)
    Interesting. Hope to see more posts from you soon.
    Cheers buddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hustler! I really need to create a full about me page some day. I believe the personalities in each of us bloggers is an important piece of this great community! Take care!

      -Adam

      Delete
  4. Hi Adam and thanks for the nomination! :) Let's see if I can put something out.

    Regards,
    DH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good DH! Look forward to reading your responses!

      Delete
  5. Adam,

    Thanks for sharing some more personal info about yourself. Oftentimes I think that gets lost while we focus on the main subject matter of our blogs. But in the end it's all about the other things that we're all striving for. Photography is one potential hobby that I'd like to get into. It's always fun taking pictures but I don't know anything as far as photo touchup via Photoshop or anything like that. Plus it doesn't hurt that you can always turn your photography passion into a potential side income if you need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading PIP!

      I agree, without individual personalities, there is no such thing as a "community". That is why I appreciate this community so much.

      As for photography, the best advice I can give someone is to buy Adobe Lightroom. It can make your photos go from bleh to professional in a matter of seconds using free youtube tutorials.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      -Adam

      Delete
  6. Thank you Adam for the nomination. Also, thanks for sharing a little about yourself.

    Sorry it took so long to get around to responding. I don't think I'll have an opportunity to do an actual post but here are answers to the questions above: 1) What have you read recently that wasn't blog related that caught your attention? It has to be the whole saga with ex-Lakers, Lamar Odom. So sad to hear how far he has declined since his basketball career. Hope he is able to pick up the pieces and fully recover one day. 2) What is your favorite part about blogging? I like sharing both the struggles and success of our journey. Whether good or bad, hopefully our readers can learn and grown from our experiences. But truthfully, being accountable to our readers really does motivate us to do well and has helped our progress since starting our blog. 3) What is your least favorite part about blogging? I actually don't have an answer here as I enjoy blogging (after all, it is one of my main outlets). I just wished that I had more time to blog With a full time job and two toddlers in the house, it is sometimes hard to find the time to blog. 4) What is something unique that you own or some unique skill that you have? Many people don't know this but I took Chung Do Kwon for about 14 years and I a 2nd degree black belt. I know how to use the boa staff, nunchukas, kamas, and samuri sword.

    AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing AFFJ!

      I fully relate on the blogging struggles. I don't have nearly enough time either with my full time job and my 2 yr old and newborn wanting my attention. I would never sacrifice my time with them so blogging takes a back seat.

      So basically what you are telling us is that we should never try to rob you or pick a fight? lol. I don't know that I have ever heard or Chung Do Kwon but it sounds interesting. Impressive you stuck with it so long.

      Thanks for taking the time to respond!

      Delete