-->

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Recent Buy (JNJ) : January 12, 2016



As a new year begins, I recently added to my IRA portfolio as my contribution limit is now reset. I decided to add more JNJ as right now I am unsure what the market is really going to do. In uncertain times, you need to go with the best of the best, and that is JNJ for me. Look at the consistent growth and consistent payout ratio!


  • Bought 5.0806 shares of JNJ @ $97.63 ($497 Total Invested)
This purchase adds $15.24 to my forward annual dividends bringing my new total to $1,371.76.
 
Here are the stats I used to determine this was a good buy for me:

  • Current Dividend: 3.06%
  • Current P/E : 18.74
  • Dividend Payout Ratio: 46%
  • Years Paying Dividend : 45 Years
  • Dividend Growth Rate : 11.4% (over past 14 years)





Disclaimer: I am not a licensed investment professional. I am not liable for any losses suffered by any parties. Any information on this site is my opinion only and should not be used for investments of any kind.

8 comments:

  1. JNJ < $100 is a great buys. I've recently bought some baby power made by JNJ. The company is a trusted brand for so many generation and we were all trained to use JNJ product from the time were were babies. LOL :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I agree. It's an easy to understand business and very consistent! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Ditto Vivanne's comment. When I plug in the numbers, the fair price is around $100. So, a good entry point there! Good job on this blue chip!
    D4s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D4s! It's been a while since I have made any purchases but I felt JNJ was quite safe at just about any price. Under 100 is always nice though! Thanks for the comments.

      Delete
  3. Can't help but say good buy since I just purchased some today myself. The dividend growth isn't what it used to be but at around 7% plus a 3% yield, and a AAA credit rating there's a lot to like here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Captain! Very consistent over the past several years. Glad to be a buyer with ya. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I just wrote to Captain that JNJ is as blue as a blue chip comes. Nice addition for any long term dividend growth portfolio. I know that JNJ under $100 starts to get the attention of many dividend bloggers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DIvHut! I agree and thanks for the comment. I feel pretty confident in this buy! Take care.

      Delete