-->

Monday, July 6, 2015

Dividend Income (KO)


(Image courtesy of cocacola.com)


I have to admit, I am more of a Mountain Dew man when it comes to drinking soda (or pop as we call it in Michigan). However, there is something very nostalgic and special about Coca Cola, whether you like Coke or Pepsi, or whether or not you support sugary drinks. It is my opinion that you can't judge the companies out there trying to make money for the way that humans behave but I won't get all political.

I own 18.6425 shares of KO and am proud of them. On July 1st I received $6.25 in dividends which were automatically reinvested for an additional 0.1593 shares of the company. Not bad for sitting around all weekend enjoying my 3 week old baby.

I still like KO here and will continue to reinvest the dividends as long as they continue their dividend payment. The payout ratio is kind of higher than I like but the eps growth is steady for the near future. Until I get a sizable position in KO, I will continue to add to my position.

4 comments:

  1. Coca-Cola is a pretty good company, which is why (I'm assuming) Warren Buffett still owns a substantial stake in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony, ya I read that Warren Buffett still drinks like four cokes a day. Is that the secret to long life?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy those KO dividends. The first of many more to grow and come. Keep adding to that name but pay attention to current and forward valuations as well as current yield. Great company, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DIvHut! I look forward to 10 years from now when my dividends are still Rollin in!

      Delete