-->

Monday, December 14, 2015

Summary of Recent Buys - Week of December 6

My weekly summary of buys from around the blogging community for the week of December 6, 2015. If you have made purchases this week and do not see them on this list, please let me know and I will add you to my list of sites I monitor for buy posts. 


This weeks totals

This WeekChange
Total Stock Purchases20-3
Unique Tickers Purchased17-2
Different Bloggers making Purchases120
Total Cost Of Purchases$22,524-3349
Increase in Dividends$804-659
Yield on Purchases3.6%-2.09%
 



I have charted the weekly S&P % Return vs Amount of Money invested in the market for that week. The last few weeks have been relatively steady as the market has had some ups and downs but overall, relatively flat.





Top Purchased Stocks this week:


  1. WMT -3 Buys
  2. ADM - 2 Buys


A light week overall in trading. Santa rally seems like it might be thwarted by the energy sector as well as the threat of a rate hike.


Here is the summary of stocks, amount invested, and which blogger posted the buy with a link to the post:




Week of December 7
SectorTickerYieldAmountBlogger w/Link to Buy Post
7ABT2.15%900Race 2 Retirement
3ADM3.29%1725Dividend Diplomats
3ADM3.29%800DivHut
1AGU.TO3.65%131Dividend Lord
9AQN.TO5.18%73Dividend Lord
6CMI4.51%4500Average Dividend Yield
7CNR.TO1.70%1456Monsieur Dividende
4CSCO3.18%83Dividend Lord
9D3.98%2313Young Dividend
7DIS1.30%100Dividend Growth Journey
1ENB5.21%1118Monsieur Dividende
1NEE3.15%1021Young Dividend
4NWFL4.36%700Dividend Diplomats
8T5.61%100Dividend Growth Journey
7UNP2.87%2657Investment Hunting
7WMT3.27%100Dividend Growth Journey
7WMT3.27%0.33A Christian Investor
7WMT3.27%3822Div4Son
4WPC6.51%125Dividend Lord
4XOM3.86%800Race 2 Retirement

Sector Information:   

For the Sector information, I use FinViz.com when possible as it is easy to find a consistent sector list. Here are the Sector codes I use in the chart (# is the number of each stock purchased in that sector):




Sum of yearly Dividends
803.49
IDSector#Amount
7Services79035
6Industrial Goods14500
3Consumer Goods22525
9Utilities22386
1Basic Materials42270
4Financials41708
8Technology1100
5Healthcare00
2Conglomerates00

TOTAL2122,524




 





I cross reference my list with A Frugal Family's Journey's list as well, but I do not guarantee the accuracy. If you see any mistakes, please comment or send me an email.



Disclaimer: I am not a licensed investment professional. I am not liable for any losses suffered by any parties. Any information on this site is my opinion only and should not be used for investments of any kind.

9 comments:

  1. Hello I Want,
    Always interesting to compare notes with other investors. I seem to recall reading about a lot of sales last week - mostly of KMI. That information would make for a more complete analysis.
    Cheers,
    MG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MG,

      A couple people have suggested listing sells as well. I guess it may be time to start reporting that eh? Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
  2. I like this list. It's always good to see what others are doing in this space. I also picked up WMT, ADM, CMI, and MGA last week. Blog post are coming soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi IH, thanks for commenting. I agree. I thought ADM would be way up this week based on all the posts I'm seeing but I guess not. Interesting to see the numbers anyway. Take care!

      Delete
  3. Adam,

    I had a new buy for next weeks report. Keep up the good work, I enjoy and look forward to the weekly updates you publish:) http://dgi.wikidot.com/blog:99

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken, I see it there... unfortunately I cant seem to find an RSS or Feed for your blog posts, so I have to manually check. If you have one, send me a link please! Nice buy, BTW, I think CMI looks strong here. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
    2. The rss feed is near the bottom of the home page. Here is the RSS link

      http://dgi.wikidot.com/feed/pages/pagename/blog%3A_start/category/blog/limit/10/t/Average+Joe+DGI

      Delete
  4. Great to all the activity and the DGI community still active this time of the year. Wish we had the capital to add to the portfolio but the belt is usually tightened this time of year with taxes and Christmas.

    Thanks for your continued commitment to put this together. The entire community, including myself, appreciate your efforts! Also, thanks for the continued mentions!!

    Hope you have a great weekend. AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AFFJ! Glad I could contribute something to the community. It really is the least I can do. It will be interesting to see these next two reports to see what the spending is like in the community. Probably light! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete