-->

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

February 2016 Dividend Income


February has come and gone. Even with an extra day thrown in there, it feels like it was just January. Details are below, but I received $68 from 7 different stocks this month. These were reinvested to increase my annual dividends by $4.35.

My new projected annual dividends are now at $1,419.60

See my full portfolio here.


Dividends - Amount I was paid from the stock
Annual Dividend - Amount that the stock pays annually for each share that is owned
Shares Purchased - Amount of shares I reinvested based on the dividends I received
Added Annual Dividends - Amount of additional annual dividends I plan to receive based on the additional shares.



February 2016 Dividends
TickerDividendsAnnual DividendShares PurchasedAdded Annual Dividends
O3.302.380.0550.13
HTR13.302.28*0.00
KMI2.450.500.1640.08
DE4.802.400.0620.15
CAT10.903.080.1160.36
OHI12.362.280.4391.00
OKE20.982.461.0692.63

$68.09

$4.35
 * HTR goes into my Scottrade FRIP account for future purchases at no additional fee to me.


Total dividends received since May of 2015: $910.72

 

 

 
Disclaimer: I am not a licensed investment professional. I am not liable for any losses suffered by any parties. Any information on this site is my opinion only and should not be used for investments of any kind.

12 comments:

  1. Keep it up Adam. One buy at a time and before you know it, bam! Don't stop bud. Thanks for sharing and keep hustling it up. Cheers bud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much DH! Slowly but surely I am getting somewhere! Thanks for the continued support!

      Delete
  2. Boom! That's some awesome dividend income you're getting. Gotta love that you're DRIPing and adding even more dividend income.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tawcan! It is awesome to see the DRIP taking affect and each payment is just slightly larger than the previous due to it. Makes me feel like things are ramping up! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Great results. The beginning of this journey is always the hardest but as long as you continue on this path you will see an ever great passive income stream. Stick to the boring quality names and reduce your potential for divvy cuts. You might not get the highest yield but you will be getting a safe yield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Much DivHut! Nothing wrong with boring quality names for sure. I am in it for the long haul, so I dont mind waiting a bit for the yield to ramp up. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. IWTRS

    Keep the snowball rolling and in no time you will have 4 digit dividend income.

    Sharon - Divorcedff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, thanks for the motivation! I appreciate the support. Take care!

      -Adam

      Delete
  5. Hey Adam,

    Nice income dude. Keep up the hustle and I really like that you're DRIPping... I've been thinking of doing it myself but can't make up my mind. It's certainly very encouraging to see your forward income rising every month by auto-purchasing shares.
    DB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DB! Much appreciated. There are certainly advantages of DRIP, mainly its free, but there are disadvantages too, like not buying great stocks (KMI). But hey, at this point, I am OK with just stockpiling as much as I can until I start getting paids thousands in dividends. Then I will be more selective on what I buy I think. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Nice month! I'm DRIPping as well. It's a great way to cheaply purchase more shares without having to worry about the cost of commissions. Once the income gets up into the thousands a month, then I might choose to select where to allocate those funds, but in the meantime it has been fun to watch the dividends creep up with no input on my part.

    Probably one of the easiest stocks to see this in is Realty Income (O), which you also own, since it pays monthly. Keep up the good work!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott! Thanks for the comment and support. It is pretty awesome to look at my O shares steadily increasing for free. Congrats on owning a great name as well!

      I feel the same as you about DRIP. For now it is ok, but I am always looking at other options. Can't beat the fees though!

      -Adam

      Delete