-->

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Recent Buy (HCP) and Sell(WPC) - March 23, 2016



Yesterday I sold more of my stake in WPC to diversify my portfolio more. I was a little weary of this trade as I am going from one REIT to another, but my goal for this trade was to reduce my exposure to WPC, not reduce my exposure to REIT's.

Here is a great analysis of HCP's dividend: http://www.suredividend.com/hcp-dividend-safety/

Details:

  • Sold 25 shares of WPC at $61.56 for a total of $1539 (still own 75 shares of WPC)
  • Bought 50 shares of HCP at $31.80 for a total of  $1590
This move actually increases my dividend projections by $17.50 annually. 

Full portfolio here.


What do you think of my move? 


Disclaimer: I am not a licensed investment professional. I am not liable for any losses suffered by any parties. Any information on this site is my opinion only and should not be used for investments of any kind.

4 comments:

  1. Always good to diversify. WPC and HCP are in two very different spaces even though they belong to the same category.

    cheers
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi R2R. Yah I suppose that is true which is part of the reason I am OK owning both. Actually quite happy to own both :). Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. With the exposure you had to WPC I don't blame you at all for wanting to reduce it some. Interesting that you went to the HC REIT space, although I really like the sector, as opposed to something that resembles WPC's mix a bit more. Although WPC likely doesn't have too many competitors that are similar considering their wide diversity of property types.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PIP, thanks for the comment. I will be further reducing my exposure to WPC and will probably not buy any more REITs near term. There are other names that I like better like DOV and PFE.

      Delete